turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ray Eye

Started by 157buck, April 28, 2015, 12:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYFrid

I'll take Ray Eye any day over some of the jokers on tv today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

157buck

I agree.  I like his no BS approach.  Kill turkeys and don't try to sell me a bunch of gimmicks.

SCGobbler

Quote from: GC on April 28, 2015, 08:56:46 PM
I hunt Ray Eyes old home stomping grounds.  The very same Ozark mountain that his grand dads farm was at the base of.  It's all mile upon mile of steep rugged Ozark heavy timber ridges and hollers with a sparse turkey population.   Fellas, it ain't easy!  I was there this morning in fact, heard three gobblers that gobbled on the roost and never made another peep the rest of legal hunting time.  They simply disappear...

Absolutely beautiful right there!
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: SCGobbler on April 29, 2015, 04:38:52 PM
Quote from: GC on April 28, 2015, 08:56:46 PM
I hunt Ray Eyes old home stomping grounds.  The very same Ozark mountain that his grand dads farm was at the base of.  It's all mile upon mile of steep rugged Ozark heavy timber ridges and hollers with a sparse turkey population.   Fellas, it ain't easy!  I was there this morning in fact, heard three gobblers that gobbled on the roost and never made another peep the rest of legal hunting time.  They simply disappear...

Absolutely beautiful right there!
Agreed! Gorgeous!

wvmntnhick

Guess I'm in the same school of thought he subscribes to myself. I'll let the bird dictate the calling. If he wants more, give him more. If he's not into it, back off. Gotta talk to them as mentioned earlier.