OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

336 mount on a SBE2?

Started by Ridge Rooster, April 27, 2015, 08:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridge Rooster

Who is the best person to send a 336 Burris FF3 mount to to have an extra hole drilled to fit the existing holes on my SBE2 reciever. I would like to avoid having another hole drilled into my reciever that came from the factory drilled and tapped and I understand that Burris doesnt offer a mount that sits as low as the 336 mount and do not understand that. i think that Burris should offer this option for more guns as this seems to be the lowest and cleanest mounting option, and also very popular.

I sent my SBE to Rob Roberts to have it drilled/tapped for the 336 and he done an excellent job. I am going to give them a call and see if they can drill a 336 to fit and if so I will let yall know. I would assume any good machinest could do this but I dont know any.

Thanks

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Ridge Rooster

Mr. Roberts said that he was unsure if there was enough didtance between the factory holes in the 336 base to allow another hole to be drilled to match the holes in the SBE2 that are drilled/tapped from the factory. Has anyone modified a 336 base to fit the Benelli factory holes? He did mention that he has Warne steel bases, but I want to keep the sight as low as possible to the reciever, and am going to use a protector also which will raise it anothe 1/8" or so. Rob also mentioned that Weaver makes a base, but by the time you use the Burris Weaver style mount to attach and the protector, you are getting it up off the reciever more than I like. My Old SBE has a God a grip pad installed to help and it works out perfect with the 336/protector and FF3 sight. I might just go with the Speedbead mount.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

BINK McCARTY

Weaver top mount base 93A   P/N:48506 will fit on top of the receiver,i had a speed dot 135 on mine B4 i changed to the speed bead.Hope this helps.