Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

One more Week

Started by Ctburdchasr, April 23, 2015, 10:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ctburdchasr

One more week to go until opening day, my scouting trips have been all I could do to not bring a gun or bow.....I have a selection of about 20 to 30 longbeards on the small parcels that I hunt. Today I watched two flocks each of about 12 birds in fields separated by a major road....mean While I was on the phone with my buddy who was scouting our largest parcel staring down on what he says was 60 and if my cameras are correct its more than that.....meanwhile in my back yard of 63 acres I've had them in my back hay lot every morning from 615 till round about 930-10....and coming back in to roost about 530 pm.... And my last spot is the most promising but unforgiving....there's a monster bird in there I've been after for two years he always has the same roost and he's got a funny high pitched yelp thing he does after he gobbles....really weird but I want him he's gotta be pushing hard towards 11 inches I got him staring dead at my trail camera full strut 15 yards from it. He's going on my wall this year.....good luck to everyone still hunting I'll be after them in a few more short days....

bowmike

I more week before I can take the gun. Will be out tomorrow morning with my 10 year old nephew for the youth hunt. Supposed to be 20 degrees in the am. Took a walk this morning and they were not as talkative but I feel if tomorrow is the same we can get on them.

willy8457

Have you seen any ticks yet up there ? I sprayed all my clothes last week. My Buddy Has been seeing some nice birds To. Do you hunt any south Of where you live ?  We mostly Hunt around Ledyard on some small Pieces of land and some state land.  We do have one piece of land North Of waterford,  Maybe we can get togather some time in the afternoon.

Ctburdchasr

I haven't seen any ticks and my dog has been pretty good. My coon hounds always have ticks but that's just the norm after a night chasing ringtails.... I hunt in tolland county in Ellington tolland Stafford, in wind ham county out in Chaplin and down south in Bethany and sandy hook. So I am all over... This is better than Christmas and all the other holidays combined.