OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

All tagged out in VA, what am I going to do now?

Started by trkehunr93, April 22, 2015, 09:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkehunr93

Had a heck of a hunt this morning, he gobbled at 6:03 and died exactly an hour later.  He's not an upgrade but weighed 20.11, had a 10.25" beard and a 15/16" right spur and 1" left spur.  I was sitting at the same tree I was when I killed the one last week, just this one came into my left.  Hard fought battle, it took almost 40 minutes to get him to budge from where he dropped out of the tree.  Came in strutting down the logging road the whole way, first gobbler in 20+ years I can honestly say I heard spit and drum.  Going with a buddy/ mentor who introduced me to this exciting affliction tomorrow.  He has been in a rut the last few seasons so hopefully I still got some good juju from this morning with me. 

Here's where he died

My favorite tree ever!

Had to make a pit stop by the babysitters so my youngest could see him, one excited little boy
Me with the bird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Congratulations Jim!  Way to tag out.  How you liking the scope on the 835?
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

That's great to hear. Congrats!!! Good pictures too! If your bored ya welcome drive on down to MS and try your hand at my tight lipped gobblers this weekend.

trkehunr93

Quote from: davisd9 on April 22, 2015, 09:28:28 AM
Congratulations Jim!  Way to tag out.  How you liking the scope on the 835?
Really liking the scope on my gun, I missed a nice gobbler on Monday but I was hunting with my Mossberg 500 that doesn't have a scope.  Not blaming it on that but the scope makes you take your time taking a shot.

trkehunr93

Quote from: dirt road ninja on April 22, 2015, 11:43:01 AM
That's great to hear. Congrats!!! Good pictures too! If your bored ya welcome drive on down to MS and try your hand at my tight lipped gobblers this weekend.
I appreciate the offer but I don't think "the boss" ( my wife )would approve of that.  Maybe I can take you up on that offer next spring

dirt road ninja

Quote from: trkehunr93 on April 23, 2015, 09:27:35 AM
I appreciate the offer but I don't think "the boss" ( my wife )would approve of that.  Maybe I can take you up on that offer next spring

It's all good! I hunt by myself a lot and will be completely honest if I think it's worth your time. Been trying to get Donald down again.

davisd9

Quote from: dirt road ninja on April 23, 2015, 02:12:44 PM
Quote from: trkehunr93 on April 23, 2015, 09:27:35 AM

It's all good! I hunt by myself a lot and will be completely honest if I think it's worth your time. Been trying to get Donald down again.

Donald will be back!  Hopefully next spring!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer