OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How much does your turkey gun weigh?

Started by howl, April 20, 2015, 04:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howl

Mine:
Mossberg 935 26" 8.038lb

Mossberg 500 20" 6.888lb, 0.354lb of which is the hard rubber factory recoil pad

Yildiz 20ga O/U 28" 6.056lb

Y'alls?

stinkpickle

I don't know...but my BPS probably weighs the same as a small Volkswagen.

Snoodsniper

Quote from: stinkpickle on April 20, 2015, 07:08:00 PM
Mine too but I love that thing.

Onpoint

Quote from: howl on April 20, 2015, 04:25:18 PM
Mine:
Mossberg 935 26" 8.038lb

Mossberg 500 20" 6.888lb, 0.354lb of which is the hard rubber factory recoil pad

Yildiz 20ga O/U 28" 6.056lb

Y'alls?
Beretta Al 391 urika 2 - not as light as I'd like it to be but this thing is sweet

Baikal MP18 12 gauge - 5.25 pounds. Had this gun 2 seasons and up until a week ago it wore a hard plastic butt "pad". It's pulled just as much blood out of my face as it has turkeys.

Mossberg 535 - this is my favorite turkey gun. Even with a nikon monarch 1.5x4x20 it's still a featherweight

Remington 870 sp shurshot- weighs enough that I never intend to pack it hunting ever again. I've upgraded the gun but I've owned it for 18 years.

Mossberg super bantam - this is my wifes gun and it is also sweet. I love the way this gun packs and handles.

I want to find also s 20 auto that packs as well as this gun, my baikal or my 535. M2 20 is my first choice.. never handled a weather sa whatever the number is but they look great. Wish the sx3 20 wad lighter and I'd have one of them

WildTigerTrout

Benelli Nova 20 ga.= nice and light, easy to carry.  ;)
Benelli SBE I= not to light or heavy, just right. ;D
Rem 870SM= same as above. ;D
Browning BPS 10 ga.= like lugging a artillery piece around. Heavy but VERY effective. :o
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

rkm456

Enough to be comfortable to carry in the field, but not enough to soak up any of the recoil from the 3 inch turkey loads...

DirtNap647

browning maxus unsure of weight but lightest auto ive carried

longislandloco

Quote from: Snoodsniper on April 20, 2015, 10:32:38 PM
Quote from: stinkpickle on April 20, 2015, 07:08:00 PM
Mine too but I love that thing.

The BPS or the VW.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

howl

Phew, Browning spec.s that BPS 10 at 10 pounds 9 ounces. That'd be over 11, loaded. That thing needs wheels!

MACHINIST

Remmy 870 shurshot

At the begining of the day 7.5 unloaded

at the shot with 3.5's I swear its less than a pound

and at the end of a long day I am pretty sure mine weighs in around the same as stinkpickles small Vwagon!!HAHA

snapper1982

Onpoint

Prohunter3509

Browning silver hunter   just the rite amount
My first year with this firearm and happy,happpy,happy

grayfox

Remington 870 3" chamber with 21" VR, red dot, & sling with no shells weighs 8.25 lbs.  But it has a Magpul stock which is heavier than a standard stock.

WildTigerTrout

Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!