OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Win. LB Choke

Started by hawk, April 20, 2015, 08:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawk

Thinking about trying the #6 Longbeards this spring. Looking for constriction recommendations for this load. I shoot a BPS 3" Invector and have on hand
Jellyhead .660
SSX .643
Undrtaker .665
Carelsons .660
Hastings non vented .655
Bore has been polished

owlhoot

Well , try them all!

Start with the Carlsons .660

hawk

I will likely start with a .660. I was a bit concerned that the.643 SSX may be too tight. 

rcpigg65

Run that shell in my 3" bps with 24 inch barrel and have tried 665 carlsons ,675 briley and 675 sumtoy . The briley and the Carlsons will throw around 150's at 40 yards and the Sumtoy will throw 180's with good even patterns . I wouldnt be afraid of any of the chokes you listed . My gun and my sons gun does well with several different chokes , 675 seems to be a good constriction and the ssx643 does very well also .

10gaugemag

In my 24" Gold with LB #5's a Star Dot .6675 throws 160-165 and an unported Hastings .685 runs mid 140's. I think the SSX is a fuzz tight for the 5's but should work great with 6's. Omly thing I don't care for with any of the chokes is the Lack of anything in that 20" with 5's but hoping maybe 6's will fill in that halo area.

Try them all and see which one gives the patterns that best suits the terrain you hunt.

Longshanks

My guess would be that Hastings .655 non ported. Would love to have one of those. I have a non ported Hastings .665 that will shoot good hunting patterns with the Win LB 5's and 6's.