turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

So close

Started by bowhunter2k9, April 16, 2015, 12:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowhunter2k9

I've been hunting every weekend hard, last weekend was the only weekend I've had good weather. The birds were going crazy. We were hunting a specific bird that showed up in a pasture that's divided by hardwood fingers, we setup on him and set some decoys out in the pasture so if he pitched down on that side he'd see them from a long way away...
Well it turns out that he picture down on the other side on the finger, we made a move on him as he was going away from us. Well we called him through the finger he had walked through, and when he saw the decoys, he came sprinting across the first half of the field... When he hit the ditch halfway across he slowed down and strutted and gobbled at 80 yds... I think he didn't like something with our setup or he's seen decoys before! He stayed out of range and walked into some pines...

I'll be after him again tomorrow morning!!
Romans 8:38-39

willy8457

bowhunter2k9

Went to roost him and saw him strutting with 4 other birds... I think it was 2 jakes and 2 longbeards with hin

makova

Good luck tomorrow. I am heading out tonight to try to put on to sleep for tomorrow.
mike

bowhunter2k9

It came a gully washer with lightning this morning... Will be there this afternoon

bowhunter2k9

makova

Nice Bowhunter!

i got one Saturday as well!  let the killing begin!  not a high score but an ice breaker

bowhunter2k9