OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Update

Started by anthonyjhallen, April 15, 2015, 12:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyjhallen

Guys,

Things have been tough going here in central TX. The brush is thick and the turkeys are gobblin their heads off.  I have had several bird within drumming distance but still haven't busted a cap, other than the Osceola in FL a few weeks ago. The good thing is I still have another 10 days vacation and plenty of time to hunt. We did manage to get some good video footage while in the swamp country, stay tuned for that.

The wheels keep rolling along.

Anthony

hookedspur

WTG !! Tell us about the Osceola..
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

anthonyjhallen

Things have finally turned around. I shot this bird today. We went back and forth for 3.5. hours before I finally pulled the trigger. I will get some better pics tomorrow in the daylight.

He had a 10 1/4" beard, 19+ lbs, and.....3/4" spurs. Judging by his fan and head size I would say he is at least 4 years old, with those tinny tiny spurs.

It was one of the best hunts I have been on. I threw every trick in the book at him for why seemed like forever. I finally ninjaed into a spot and flashed a fan at him and he lost his mind.  Thanks Jim for convincing me to take a fan with me to the woods. I was against it at first but it makes or a very effective hail marry.

hookedspur

Outstanding WTG Anthony ..
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions