OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mushrooms

Started by 10gaugemag, April 12, 2015, 09:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

10gaugemag

Got out and found a few of these little guys while scouting yesterday. Anybody having much luck with finding them yet?

Ericbrooks

Too dry here in NE Kansas. We got 6/10 ths this morning so they'll be popping

10gaugemag

Quote from: Ericbrooks on April 12, 2015, 10:59:12 AM
Hiawatha area??

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

hoyt

Friend of mine came by yesterday and showed me a bunch he just happened upon in front of his house.

10gaugemag

If we get warmer temps in the next week or so they should really be popping, wont be long until the big yellows pop.

Gooserbat

I found about a hundred yesterday.  Mostly white ones but in some places I only found the smaller gray ones do with another rain we'll have more on the way.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

owlhoot

Get the egg and flour ready!

10gaugemag

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 12, 2015, 01:31:28 PM
I found about a hundred yesterday.  Mostly white ones but in some places I only found the smaller gray ones do with another rain we'll have more on the way.
Sound like you are about a week ahead of us.

nativeks

We just got in. Didn't find any but its hard to look with a 2 yr old and 5 yr old in tow. Going to look by myself when the wife gets off work. Folks have been finding them the last couple of days so I know its not too dry in NE Kansas.

WillH

Found a few last Thursday here in Montgomery Co, TN. I've found a few more since then. Mostly the small grays and a few tiny blondes. I think it will be great by the weekend.

taylorjones20

Anyone ever see any of these in West TN?  Either I've never noticed them or we don't have them lol
Alive only by the Grace Of God

10gaugemag

:drool:
Quote from: WillH on April 12, 2015, 03:34:20 PM
Found a few last Thursday here in Montgomery Co, TN. I've found a few more since then. Mostly the small grays and a few tiny blondes. I think it will be great by the weekend.

Ericbrooks

Quote from: 10gaugemag on April 12, 2015, 11:03:34 AM
Quote from: Ericbrooks on April 12, 2015, 10:59:12 AM
Hiawatha area??
Southwest of Lawrence. Southwestern Douglas county

Ericbrooks

Quote from: nativeks on April 12, 2015, 02:18:40 PM
We just got in. Didn't find any but its hard to look with a 2 yr old and 5 yr old in tow. Going to look by myself when the wife gets off work. Folks have been finding them the last couple of days so I know its not too dry in NE Kansas.
Till the rain this morning I have only had a 1/4" of rain at my house this spring.  So Ya it's been too dry.