turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2015 Weatherby SA-459 Review/Patterns

Started by gophert, April 12, 2015, 08:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL-Boss

The old SA-459 ( before 2015) used berretta Mobil.  The new SA-459's ( all camo) use Win/Moss I believe ?

TauntoHawk

it is the newer all camo one

you think wheatherbys website would say right in the specifications on that gun model.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FL-Boss

search all the SA-459 posts... it's listed on here somewhere.

codym

TauntoHawk

Quote from: codym on March 16, 2016, 01:27:04 PM
It's the Winchester/Mossberg threads.

thanks I went back and found it on page one i knew there was discussion back and forth about it somewhere I had read before.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

deadbuck

That must be the 2016 gun. I like that pattern better.

TauntoHawk

It's sharp certainly nicer than my all black 870 with sureshot but my wife said buy me a turkey gun so that's what I did.. I also take a ton of kids out hunting so having a 20 just makes sense

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

gophert

First bird with the SA-459

Sent from my typewriter

FL-Boss

looking good!   got to crack one last week with mine too..

g8rvet

Nice guys.  Mine barked on opening day.

Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

chatterbox

You guys are KILLING me! Youth weekend isn't till the last weekend of April here!

cutt down

ccleroy

cutt down

Wow at the hooks on that bird CCLeroy.

gophert

I've hunted with a lot of guns but I can't get over how easy this Sa459 is to hunt with.  It is by far the lightest and most maneuverable turkey gun I've ever hunted with. 

What is your favorite aspect of hunting with this gun?

Sent from my typewriter