turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2015 Weatherby SA-459 Review/Patterns

Started by gophert, April 12, 2015, 08:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElkTurkMan

After reading about the trigger work on this thread. I sent mine in to Rob Roberts and it does make a heck of a difference. I am extremely pleased.

ccleroy

Just got mine back from getting a new dress for the ball........love this little 20.

owlhoot

gophert

I do like that bottomland!

Sent from my typewriter

cutt down

That looks awesome! Guess I'll have to have mine dipped now lol

Seminoleturkey

Love the sa459 turkey .im going to pickup a 20ga , my 12g has been 100% reliable .

ElkTurkMan

I finally got out to get mine dialed in. I have a SumToy ordered and I used a Carlson .575 to sight in and shoot my turkey loads with. I forgot to bring my bore snake or anything to clean with between shots. Once it was dialed in I backed up to 40 and shot, then shot at 30 and 15 yards to see how the Turkey loads looked. At all three different yardages I had turkey killing patterns.  My 40 yard pattern had 120 in the 10" circle at 40. It was plenty good to kill a turkey but to be honest I thought it would do better, by that I mean more pellets in the 10" circle. . My question is do you guys think not cleaning my gun between shots had an affect on my 40 pattern?  Once the sumtoy choke gets here I will shoot as well , but I was just curious as to y'all's thoughts on this.
Thanks in advance guys for any input. Also I was shooting federal 1 1/2 oz 3" #7's

FL-Boss

you are using the right load for that gun.  And yes, clean barrel before each shot.  you should be about 140ish with the Carlson.

gophert

Yep clean the barrel and u should be fine

Sent from my typewriter

codym

[/URL]

Got mine all set up. Gonna take it out this weekend to sight in the FF and pattern HW7's out of the Carlson and factory chokes. Also have some mag blends to try as well.

deadbuck

Codym:

Did you re-dip that gun? What pattern is it?

codym

No I didn't dip, it's the factory pattern only option on the turkey model. Sorry not sure which pattern it is.

ElkTurkMan

The pattern they come in is Real Tree APG (all purpose Green)

chatterbox

TauntoHawk

OK guys I just ordered this gun an hour ago from budsguns. Also got 3 boxes of HW#7 coming too

Now i need a sight (ffIII or vortex venom)

And of course a choke but I'm confused on what I need some guys in this thread were saying berretta Mobil and others Win/moss??? Which is it?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>