North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bugs scores

Started by 762, April 11, 2015, 10:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Im new here but not new to some of the forums.  Anyway I have become good friends with Mark Sharpe.  We talk frequently and have built a great friendship.  You can't ask for a nicer person.  Around October I mentioned in passing that I wanted to get my dad a Jordan yelper for Christmas.  A couple weeks later I opened the mailbox and found the most beautiful Jordan I have ever seen personalized to my dad. Mark wouldn't accept money for the call. He was doing a gesture to a friend.  He said he was impressed at me and my dads relationship involving turkey hunting.  I sent my dad the call and he was touched by the gesture.  I forgot to add one detail Mark named the call bugs for an incident on the turning wheel overnight.  Anyway dad has been practicing and is very good with the call. Last week was our annual trip to Georgia.  My dad,uncle  and I spend a week every spring at my uncles lease.  Them being retired were able to get to camp a couple of days before me. I was going up Saturday right after work.  I get a call Saturday about 9:30 from dad. His voice was still shaky. He said to tell Mark his calls are unbelievable and a good gobbler just had to die for it. The excitement in his voice was unbelievable.  Marks generosity made an old guy and his son's season and I will share this story with anyone who will listen.  I dont know how to post pictures from tapatalk but just wanted to share this story.  Thanks again Mark for everything you have done for me.

otis

that's what you call a good friend

otis

silverspur

Mark is a top shelf guy and a great callmaker!
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

M Sharpe

Pop sure had a big ol' smile on his face in the pic that you sent!! It always does me good to receive these kinds of pictures, especially from kids and older hunters.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

mgm1955

Congrats to you dad. Great story! Awesome gesture Mark!!

Looks like i can put pictures on through tapatalk.  Not the greatest pic but here is Dad showing off bugs and his gobbler.

goblr77

Matt k