OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

The silence of the spring forest will be shattered when.....

Started by FullChoke, April 10, 2015, 10:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Irishwhisky takes to the Virginia turkey woods in the morning! Go get 'em, Vance.

On another note, Surehuntsalot will play host tomorrow when he and I sneak around on his place trying to break the hex that some wretched PETA coven must have placed on us that is the only explanation for our silence in Mississippi this season. We ain't asking for much, just 2 elderly samples from the flock.

Stay safe
Have fun
Kill Gobblers

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

pullit

Good luck and hope you break the hex.
I will be heading out for the first time in TN in the morning, just hoping for a volunteer....

gophert

Good luck Norm and Steve.  Don't let Steve do something stupid and mess it all up with his rookie antics.   :TooFunny:

I am actually taking a break this weekend and headed to see UT Lady Vols softball game with my youngest daughter and sighting in my NEW TURKEY GUN!!!!!!!

I will hit them again on Tuesday. 

FullChoke

Quote from: gophert on April 10, 2015, 10:49:29 AM
I am actually taking a break this weekend and headed to see UT Lady Vols softball game with my youngest daughter and sighting in my NEW TURKEY GUN!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tip. What kind of new gun do you have? The other one didn't sound like it was broke if it was able to drop that one last year at 40 (ahem) yards! Pictures.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

gophert

2015 Weatherby SA-459.  Been wanting a light automatic for a while that I could afford. Found it!

FullChoke

Those Weatherby shotguns are really nice, Tim. Congratulations. I guess that it needs to be christened soon?  :icon_thumright: :anim_25:

gophert

Quote from: FullChoke on April 10, 2015, 11:55:06 AM
Those Weatherby shotguns are really nice, Tim. Congratulations. I guess that it needs to be christened soon?  :icon_thumright: :anim_25:

Yep...trying to get it sighted in and patterned this weekend so I can hunt with it the rest of the season.  Finding chokes have been a problem since everyone is out of stock. Pullit let me borrow his sumtoy...he may not get it back.  :z-guntootsmiley:

pullit

let me know how it does for you, and what you think of the gun.