OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Member in Ohio

Started by Turkey Bandit, April 09, 2015, 10:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkey Bandit

Hello, everyone!

I wanted to introduce myself here, before I started posting elsewhere.

First, I want to say this community generates some great content. Thanks to all who contribute. I have found some great solutions to questions on patterns and chokes as an anonymous reader.

I grew up hunting with my dad in central Florida. We hunted deer, squirrels, doves and rabbits, but by far our favorite quarry were Osceolas. Some years were thin, as we hunted public land and were largely dependent on the quota permit system to get a slot for opening weekend. But when the stars aligned, I got to watch a true turkey hunting master at work. My dad could apply just the right finesse to coax those tight lipped ghosts into range.

College took me to Ohio, where I met my wife, then work, and kids... I miss the oak hammocks, cypress swamps, and pine flats of my youth, but at least there are birds here to hunt. Its a different game to be certain, with ridges, creek bottoms, and ag fields instead of orange groves and cow pastures, but these Easterns do gobble better.

I'm not the most successful hunter here, far from any sort of pro staffer, but I do have experience to share. I look forward to helping others where I can and enjoying the benefits of this community. Thanks for inviting me in!

tomstopper

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

zelmo1

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions