turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

10 year old bones

Started by FinBonZ, April 09, 2015, 06:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinBonZ

In early March my daughter celebrated her 14th Bday.  10 years earlier, we had went on our first turkey hunt together.  After sitting about 15 minutes a gobbler and hen came in and I was able to harvest it.  At the time, the wing bones had been saved and quickly put together into two calls.  Recently, I stripped the calls down and rebuilt them as a surprise present for her.  I chose purple and pink wrapping b/c she was wearing bright pink boots on and was drinking a small grape drink on the hunt.  I also enlarged the 10 year old harvest photo to go along with the calls.  Where has the time gone?!  Thanks for looking!

Gawhitaker

Some gorgeous treasures for sure

Trumpetyelper

mgm1955

Those are awesome keepsakes I'm sure she'll treasure forever!! Awesome!!

Tennessee Lead

It doesn't get any cooler than that!

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

M Sharpe

Good job on those bones Stephen! I bet she will cherish them for years to come!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

silverspur

Steve, Great story and its awesome you re-did those bones and selected the colors for the wrapping.  I hope she uses it on a future hunt.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

antnye

Snoodsniper

Nice job. Thanks for sharing.

greentag

those look awsome,what do people use to wrap the joints with? i have made some wingbones and would like to wrap them similiar to these but dont know what kind of material to use,you really made a great looking set there.

TrackeySauresRex

That is absolutely awesome! What a great treasure! I wish I thought of that with my boys first. Great job Dad. WTG!
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

FinBonZ

Greentag,  I think most use a two part epoxy to build the joints up and then wrap them with some sort of thread.   Usually thread that is similar to what custom rod builders wrap with.