OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A5 choke help

Started by lphc, April 06, 2016, 07:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lphc

Any suggestion on a choke for the new a5 I want to shoot Winchester longbeards#5

Greg Massey

Check with Trulock i'm sure they can help you. They have a great customer service. If you don't like the choke they have a 60 day exchange or refund.

Clardh

I will tell you this....I have an A5 and I bought a pattermaster choke tube. I shot longbeard #5 and the pattern was high and to the left at 40 yards. Density was great but I would need adjustable sites or scope. I shoot federal flight controls out of it. Even though it's ported, flight control federals shoot well.

Marc

With waterfowl hunting and all the different wads and shot types, I avoid anything ported or any type of "wad-stripping" chokes.

Terror chokes put some awfully nice patterns on paper, but hearing tales of them bulging barrels I am not anxious to use them.

Briley, AnglePort, Trulock, and Carlson all have good reputations...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Spurs

Here are my patterns and choke combo.  I will be shooting the Win LB #6, not for the pellet count, but because I can shoot with the factory bead. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This year is going to suck!!!

taylorjones20

A buddy of mine is shooting the new A5 26" barrel and he is using the Rob Roberts .660.  He's had excellent results shooting the LB #5's.
Alive only by the Grace Of God