turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New call.

Started by KY-Hunting, April 08, 2015, 06:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KY-Hunting

Looking to add a new pot call to my arsen what pot would you not head to the field without?

ceejay

Lonnie Sneed green glass (aka Outlaw Hen) is a good one.  Pay the extra $10 for the call cover. 

Bowguy

A new call but it's a winner. Schafers slate over slate in the red hen pot. Does it all

BABS9

Crystal Mistress. and also now my new Yingling copper.

West Augusta

Glen Marrer glass over glass and Lonnie Snead Hot hen.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Smooth_Operator

Andy Kaiser Ceramic and my Crystal Mistress...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Thundermtn

Halloran Crystal Mistress and my Lonzo glass/birdseye maple.

Have a Platz crystal/slate in walnut and Sneed Outlaw Hen coming before season though so it might change. Update in a week or two.

mgm1955

mudhen

Lights Out slate over glass & ceramic over glass...

Kaiser ceramic over glass...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

PALongspur

Mark Cornelius cherry aluminum.

A true screamer that is all turkey!

Footballer

What calls do you have or are you starting from scratch?

JLH

Look up john sinclair calls on ebay.....get yourself a brass or titanium call.....it will be the "one" for sure.

Plus, if for some reason you don't like it, he will refund your $.....you have nothing to lose....
but, you be keeping g the call.

KY-Hunting

Thanks for all the input.. Right now I have some Wal-Mart specials like wood witch,lil deuce and ol yeller. I've killed turkeys in the past but ready to get some good sounding calls. Was looking at some David Halloran calls. How do I look up Sneeds calls I looked for him online? Some of these guys are kinda hard to find.

TauntoHawk

There are soo many great pot call builders. First establish your price range, how long you are willing to wait, and what surface you are looking for.

If you want something right now then we won't bother recommending builders that have long wait times. Same with price you can go from 30 up to 85+ on custom pots. Also some builders are know for certain surfaces

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thundermtn

For the money and wait the hot hen and outlaw hen are going to be tough to beat. Great to talk to also. He still makes them by hand and told me he killed his first turkey in '48 I think, so there's a lot of years of hunting mojo in them.