turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who has the Winchester sx3 long beard. Got a question

Started by rickyb, April 07, 2015, 09:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickyb

I have been toying with the idea of buying a gun just for turkey hunting. Looking at the long beard it has a cantilever barrel. I don't think I would ever put a scope or aim point on a it so does the rail get in the way of the sights. I have looked at the three gun stores in little rock and can not find one. I'm thinking the sx3 coyote maybe a better option. I wouldn't get camo or turkey choke but other than that they look like the same gun. Anybody that has one mind telling me how the sight picture is with sights that come on gun. Are they functional or does the rail get in their way.

RiverRoost

I have one and I love it. I'm a fan is sx3's and this one is my favorite one yet. The pistol grip is awesome as it is kinda angled back toward the butt a little and fits the perfect ergonomics of your hand in that position and I've also noticed it REALLY helps steady the gun. At first when I got it I was a little skeptical too of the cantilever rail bc I didn't think I'd put an optic on it and it would get in the way of the iron sights but I have found it to be just the opposite. I like it on there now bc to me it is like a channel for rear sights to kinda fall right in line w your front sight of that makes any sense. When you shoulder the gun and look down toward the sights you are looking through the cantilever opening and straight at your front sight. I'll try my best to take a picture and post it. In my opinion the gun is absolutely flawless other than there being no Windage adjustments but I had my gunsmith tap the rear sight over a tad to get me centered.

RiverRoost

This is the best I could do but you can kinda see what I'm talking about how the channel in the cantilever flows good into the rear sights and to the front sight.

rickyb

Thanks RiverRoost I appreciate you helping me on this. Rick

RiverRoost

Sorry the pic is upside down. I'm kinda going all around the world to post pictures and haven't quite got it figured out

Roost 1

Good luck finding one....I have 2 buds that have one each. They both like them.