OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Question about Hevishot

Started by rkm456, April 07, 2015, 08:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkm456

So with turkey season opening at the end of this month in my area, I'm currently trying to sort out what patterns best in my shotgun. I've bought a few different shells to give them a try and see what it likes best Federals, Hornadys, and some Winchester Long Beards. I should be able to get out to the range this weekend for some further research. Only brand I was waffling on trying was the Hevishot because I'd heard good things, but the sticker shock makes me wonder. Basically if you fine folks feel they're all they're cracked up to be, I'm prepared to fork out the money and give them a whirl, but if they aren't the best thing since sliced bread I'm unlikely to fork out the 8 bucks per shell. Yes, you read that correctly, $8 per shell.

***EDIT: I'm really sorry guys, I clearly placed this in the wrong section, really sorry about that. If a moderator could move it to the correct forum it'd be appreciated. Sorry again.***

jakesdad

Who in the world is charging $8/shell for Hevishot? Good grief thats about the cost of handloading TSS shells!  Id pass if thats what I had to pay and stick with lead. And if you do stick with lead do yourself a favor and save some time by skipping the Hornady loads.have not heard one good thing about them.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

rkm456

Welcome to Canada! LOL. We get gouged on a lot of firearms related stuff pretty badly. I've already got the Hornady's so I might as well run em down range while I'm there.

10gaugemag

Flight control #6 through a regular full or an unported turkey tube.

stinkpickle

I haven't seen a big enough difference between Hevishot and Long Beards to justify the gap in price.

rkm456

Quote from: stinkpickle on April 08, 2015, 02:07:26 PM
I haven't seen a big enough difference between Hevishot and Long Beards to justify the gap in price.

Pretty much what I expected. Figurd I'd ask some people who might have first hand experience.

surehuntsalot

I would shoot lead anything before I paid 8 dollars a shell for any hevishot or any other htl ammo
it's not the harvest,it's the chase