OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ky Birds

Started by kyturkeyhunter4, April 06, 2015, 06:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyturkeyhunter4

Ky birds ain't doing much either, sat and sun was youth season and those two days the birds didn't do nothing. Had one bird that gobbled on the roost twice and that was it.

Jtpeagle41

I went out to the farm wednesday morning to see where they are pitching down this year and found some active toms. Still grouped up but fighting and strutting was the all the big boys had in mind. The flock I was on had 5 hens, 3 jakes, 3 strutters and 2 other long beards that never strutted. The strutters marched around in a wall between the jakes and hens bull rushing the jakes if they got close. More gobbling carried on further south till about 830. First the jakes then the strutters made their way toward the gobbling looking for a fight. The laid back toms slipped into the woods by 930 with all five hens and hadn't made a peep all morning until they realized they were all alone with all the hens, then they both fired off! It was a warm morning with patchy cloud cover and it had rained steady the day before. This warm weather we have had I'd expect this weekend to be better.