turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Help picking 20 auto

Started by wolverines, April 06, 2015, 12:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolverines

I'm planning on picking up a new 20 auto.  Currently have 1100 and beretta 390(which is my turkey machine).  I'm leaning toward a sx3 or m2.  I will shoot ducks and turkeys.  Please give me your opinions.  Also what choke she'll combos are you shooting.  Probably leaning toward a 26" pipe.

hookedspur

M2 26" with a IC 555, Shooting TSS now but it shoots H13 Straight 7s great as well.
Best feeling shot gun I have ever shouldered .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

10gaugemag

Looking at the Franchi Affinity myself. Inertia driven like the Benelli but I like the bolt return spring being located on the forearm tube on the Franchi vs. inside of the buttstock on the Benelli, a few hunts in the rain or a dunk duck hunting make cleaning a bit easier.

SKFOOTER

brimmyfish

I'll second the Affinity, but I like the M2 also!

reynolds243

Affinity or M2 but I'm partial because I've owned both and like the inertia system

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka

outdoors

I REALY LIKE MY M2
  Weatherby  HAS A NEW MODEL TURKEY GUN OUT  THIS YEAR
USED TO LOOK JUST LIKE A MOSSBERG 20ga
NOW IT'S ALL CAMO BUT THE PISTAL GRIP....
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

g8rvet

I have the Weatherby SA 459, but it would be worthless to me for ducks.  Ghost ring sight and pistol grip. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

gophert

Yep...ordered the new Weatherby SA-459 last week.  It should be here this week sometime. I will post back my impressions.

Sent from my typewriter

MACHINIST

Take a look at the new 20 Mossberg.I have a friend that loves his for ducks

Quackwacker NC

I have 2 m2's a 12 and 20 with 26" barrels, I really like the 20  since I got it, I shoot doves, ducks, geese, and clays and this yr I'm gonna turkey hunt with it, im shooting a sumtoy 562-5 with fed hw #7's and getting 160-175 at 40 yrds

10gaugemag

Quote from: g8rvet on April 06, 2015, 07:00:11 PM
I have the Weatherby SA 459, but it would be worthless to me for ducks.  Ghost ring sight and pistol grip.
Bet with a little trigger time it would work better than you think.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Quackwacker NC on April 06, 2015, 08:55:21 PM
I have 2 m2's a 12 and 20 with 26" barrels, I really like the 20  since I got it, I shoot doves, ducks, geese, and clays and this yr I'm gonna turkey hunt with it, im shooting a sumtoy 562-5 with fed hw #7's and getting 160-175 at 40 yrds
this is my exact experience with same gun and choke.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Quackwacker NC

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 06, 2015, 09:47:06 PM
Quote from: Quackwacker NC on April 06, 2015, 08:55:21 PM
this is my exact experience with same gun and choke.

Exactly if your only buying a turkey gun there may be cheaper options, but I shoot my guns all yr long at different game and won't one to last I put both of mine trough  hundreds of rds a yr, along time ago I started buying higher end quality guns that will last a lifetime, don't get me wrong I still have have 870,11-87, and my wife shoots a weatherby sa-08 but she don't shoot it a lot so it will last along time, to each its own!

wolverines

I will be honest, I had never considered a weatherby until that pic of the 459 was posted.  I like short barrel turkey guns.  I hunt with 21" and 22" barrels. Couple of questions.  What type choke threads do the weatherbys take and what kind of pattern #s are you guys getting with them?  I know the benelli a and winchesters are proven and durable, how will the weatherby hold up?