turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

double spurs

Started by mason3toes, April 03, 2015, 09:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mason3toes

Story on this bird. I have been trying to catch these birds that travel thru my FIL's property and actually yesterday evening attempted to roost them having no luck. I hunted this morning somewhere else instead also not hearing anything. FIL calls about 230 p.m. and says 2 gobblers and a bunch of hens in the cow pasture behind his house. I jet down there and he meets me out front, we go thru the house and look st them thru the back window. It just so happens I dried a fan out to go in this thunder chicken I bought before season and had grabbed itsuprisingly while running out the door. At 3p.m. I start army crawling with the Lil 20 in one hand and ol thunder in the other across this wet pasture with fresh copies everywhere. I get to 60 yds and the strutter sees me and starts coming my way. I stop, stab the decoy, bring my gun up and stick the barrel thru the fan. At 40 yds I let him have it. He was a beautiful bird, but the the ditch he flopped in really made for a bad pic. The spurs are deffinatly cool.

Efey

Awesome story! Sounds fun

Boom

Why are the spurs cut off the leg?  Dang I like to leave them attached.  That one is red as a tomato - was this an albino?  Lol

mikejd

Quote from: Boom on April 19, 2015, 09:47:30 PM
Why are the spurs cut off the leg?  Dang I like to leave them attached.  That one is red as a tomato - was this an albino?  Lol

Thats just the cap removed to clean up the bone.