Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Now coming to the plate!

Started by FullChoke, April 03, 2015, 12:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Gophert, Hooter and Pullit are the next contestants to take to the glens and dales after our fine feathered friends tormenters and nightmares.

Good luck to those others continuing with their seasons. We need some dead turkey pictures, boys!

Be safe, have fun, kill gobblers.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

gophert

Season opened a week early for Tommy.  He is on a bird and waiting him out per his text.  Pullit is on his way to TX as I type and I verified he took score sheets with him.  It's supposedly like shooting robins on spring day when you turkey hunt in TX.  I've got 4 birds roosted and I told them what time they needed to be at my decoy set-up. 

Hooter

Yep Tim, the wait was worth it. Not a high scorer, but was glad to see I can even do it at all.
Was real worried about trying to walk through the woods. It is very difficult, but can do it,... slowly! :TooFunny:
Me and Tim found this bird Monday morn, and was there again this morn and eve.

FullChoke

Tommy, great job breaking our ice for us. The MS boys just can't seem to get it done this year.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

pullit

Good deal Tommy.
The hunt in TX was as hard as I would want it. The birds would not come to the call or to the decoys. Last year they attacked the decoys and played well. This year we had high winds, cold temps and non responsive birds.
The good Lord bless me with 3 birds and one was a true trophy with two spurs on one leg. For some reason all my birds had kind of thin beards but hey, you can't eat those things anyway.
Never hunted that hard to kill birds in long long time.