OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

vinci load suggestions

Started by the Ward, March 24, 2011, 12:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

wondering if anyones shooting a vinci and what's a good starting point for lead loads with the factory full tube.im using it as a backup this year to the browning.this summer when i have more time im going to experiment with load and choke combos and do a review.that  data should be valid for all the crio + barrels hope fully.thanks in advance for any info!  ward

R AJ

Assuming that you are using a 12 ga a box of Win 3-2 -5 or 3-1 7/8-5 should be very adequate for normal hunting ranges. The Brng inv+ likes the #5 shot in an x full choke pretty well.

the Ward

thanks for the info RAJ!I see wal mart has got the winchesters at a good price so i'm going to try those first.I've patterned the vinci last fall but it was steel loads for waterfowl.got great results.The browning has been "old faithful"for many years but it also has been getting heavier every year!I'm still using it this season but i'll probably take the vinci out a few times.This summer i plan on getting it set up for next year with a good choke and red dot so i can switch back and forth between turkey and waterfowl.Or maybe butter up mrs. Claus for a super 3.5 vinci under the tree next year?!! ha! ha!GOOD LUCK!Hope you have a great season RAJ!

dawei

Quote from: RAJ on March 25, 2011, 01:05:30 PM
Assuming that you are using a 12 ga a box of Win 3-2 -5 or 3-1 7/8-5 should be very adequate for normal hunting ranges. The Brng inv+ likes the #5 shot in an x full choke pretty well.
12 or 20ga, Winchester® Supreme® Pb turkey loads rock!

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given