Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 08/02/2013 "Worry"

Started by BOFF, August 02, 2013, 07:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Well,  I had plans for another lesson which I had been writing in my head all week.

However, it seems God wants me to use one of my favorite scriptures, as I have already shared it with another this morning. Matthew 6:34. I will add before the scripture, as to add to the meaning and context.

Matthew 6:25-34 (NIV)

Do Not Worry

25 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?

28 "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. 

Notice, it doesn't read we will be given everything, just what we need. Also notice the most important thing, one must be have the Lord Jesus as his/her personal Savior first, before these things will take place.

Do you have lack of worry? Do you know Jesus?

Heavenly Father,

I thank You this morning for another day. Although we are not promised another day, we have been granted today, in which to serve You, and to carry out Your will. Help us to be mindful of the needs of others, and showing Your love, and grace to all. May Your will be done, and may it be to Your glory, and honor.

For it is in Jesus name we ask and pray these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

misfire

Thank you David for a truly inspiring message!!!!!
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

MBC

If I am worried it's a sign I am not walking in faith, the things of the world and the cares of this life are putting me in rocky soil. It's a good measuring stick. Faith and worry are opposites.

Duke0002

Cboy88

Thanks David for sharing the message!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk