turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

This weekend

Started by FullChoke, March 27, 2015, 09:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Well, well, well. I suspect that CamoCutie will be stealing the thunder from the chickens in Tennessee tomorrow morning. TN Yoots start dispensing their brand of justice in the AM and they can flat get it done. Watch this thread for action packed videos and the Viral favorite Turkey Dance coming to a screen near you.

Good luck to Surehuntsalot, Eric Gregg and Gagry as they continue to work out the details for acquiring an important ingredient for a delicious turkey sandwich!

I will be heading out to hunt a friends place in Alabama this afternoon in my ongoing efforts to rid their farm of pesky gobblin' Goblins. It is a real treat to go hang out there and be a boy for a weekend. The weather looks like it will be superb and should help amp-up the choir's feathered tenor section.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

gophert

Temp in the morning at daybreak is going to be 24....that will be rough on her.  I'm praying we get on one on the roost and he flies right down to us....we kill him....and get back in the truck.  We may wait til lunch and go after them mid day.  We've had lots of luck doing that as well. 

Gagry

FullChoke

The trip to Alabama was unsuccessful. Saturday was a bust with temperatures plummeting and no gobbling at all. Many of the local residents had reported the same problem with little to no gobbling to this point in the season. Sunday was warmer and the birds felt better about the change. We heard 2 gobblers and started working our way into position on one a ways off. He turned to be on the neighbors property so we cut back through the woods to the vehicle. We eased down the road to the powerline that runs through the property and spot a gobbler strutting for 4 hens about 500 yards away. We tried to make a rounder on them but they had aready left the powerline by the time we could get around them. Oh well.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Eric Gregg

Went Saturday, temp dropped, then snowed at 3:00.
Nothing but owls. Carving out some time between Easter Egg hunt and hospital trip to get ou there Saturday

xarcher

Had a good weekend in Alabama. Two Longbeards but the dust but not at my hand. They came in on the other side of my partners and I ended up being the designated caller. had another Longbeard step out to our right and did a quick "oh crap" and threw it in reverse.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.