OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Woodhaven Surface Savers

Started by Cutt, March 27, 2015, 02:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutt

Anyone using these surface savers for pot calls? Was wondering what the I.D. of the lids are, or what range of call diameters will they fit? Thanks

WNY Bowhunter

Small Folgers coffee lids work also...
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

Wildfowler

I use them a lot and will fit on Halloran pots and Darrin Dawkins pots, a few others but most of my customs are either a hair to big or small for the lids

packmule

I use them and like them.  If they are a hair too small you can heat them up with a hair dryer and then put them on your call and allow them to cool, creates a custom fit.

However, if I were to buy any more surface savers I'd go with the ones from Enticer:

http://www.enticerturkeycalls.com/shop/accessories/enticer-call-cover/

Cutt

Quote from: packmule on March 27, 2015, 10:53:36 AM
I use them and like them.  If they are a hair too small you can heat them up with a hair dryer and then put them on your call and allow them to cool, creates a custom fit.

Do you know I.D. of the lid? They do not give this measurements anywhere, which would be nice, so one would know which calls they would fit? Thanks

perrytrails

However, if I were to buy any more surface savers I'd go with the ones from Enticer:

The Enticer covers fit great!!

sbbow

Cutt

Quote from: Cutt on March 27, 2015, 02:04:00 AM
Anyone using these surface savers for pot calls? Was wondering what the I.D. of the lids are, or what range of call diameters will they fit? Thanks

Never did get a response to the question? So bought a couple to find out for myself.

If anyone else is wondering what the size of these lids are? They have a I.D. of 3.75", so in other words they will fit potcalls with roughly a 3.7" to 3.8" outer diameter. Then again it did take a couple seconds to measure?

tomstopper

Quote from: perrytrails on March 27, 2015, 06:44:55 PM

The Enticer covers fit great!!
Yep just bought two myself.

PALongspur

Can anyone tell me what size calls (a measurement would be nice) that the Enticer covers will fit?

Thanks!

packmule

The i.d. on mine are 3 5/8"...they fit all of my 3.5" pots well.  The material is much more flexible than the Woodhaven model. 

model94

Enticer lids will not fit Lonnie Sneed ' s calls.  The lids are too big.