Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

MidWeek frustration

Started by FullChoke, March 25, 2015, 03:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

This morning I slipped back across the same slough that I was on last Saturday and had that same arrogant S.O.B. start gobbling less than 100 yards from me. I suspect that he is an older bird that hangs with a younger one, possibly a jake. I have seen this several times through the years where an old bird will spend his day with a younger one, possibly to take advantage of the better eyesight and hearing of the youth. The older bird gobbled about 75 times this morning on the limb with Jr. piping in a few times with his feeble attempt at gobbling. I heard them fly down, across water, called to them and never heard another peep from either one of them.

I just know that the leg gear on Senior will look like bent railroad spikes and I look forward to wrapping my hands around his scaly pink legs before this season is over. He is proving to be a genuinely formidable adversary, just the kind I like.

I love this magnificent sport!

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

surehuntsalot

you chasing turkeys and me working, something just isn't right about that picture.
keep after him, you will be in the right place one morning
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Eric Gregg

I'm frustrated to, but it ain't supposed to be easy as Tom Kelly puts it.
Get 'email Norm :newmascot: