turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Small frame mouth calls?

Started by whitemarlin, March 25, 2015, 12:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitemarlin

Who makes small frames calls but offers the stiffer tape. I ve tried hooks and the tape is to soft.
I've been using calls from xt calls but he is no longer making calls, so who has a good small frame calls that uses or can use the stiffer tape.
Thank
Mike

Snake reaper

I'm interested in that also I can't stand the soft tape. Also who makes a good variety of the small frame mouth calls I am in need of some good sounding calls.

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

Yelper

www.osceolagamecalls.com  Give Scott a call.

jblackburn

Check out Gooserbat, we have two small frame calls in our main call line, the Young Gun and the Jr. Bacon. Sam also has a couple more good designs that he builds as customs. Send him a message here or check out gooserbatcalls.com
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

whitemarlin

gobbler336

Bud I use a small frame and good ones are hard to find, I started makingmy own about two seasons ago and frankly iI think I make a fine small frame, mine is a three reed shippwrwck,/ cutaway v cut. Send me your address and when I get time I'll send u some.

Shellwaster

Quote from: gobbler336 on March 27, 2015, 08:34:13 PM
Bud I use a small frame and good ones are hard to find, I started makingmy own about two seasons ago and frankly iI think I make a fine small frame, mine is a three reed shippwrwck,/ cutaway v cut. Send me your address and when I get time I'll send u some.

What a very generous offer.  I too am forced to use small frame calls and for several years all I ran were Tom Teasers but getting Tommy to make them grew to be difficult since his calls have gotten popular and are sold in big box stores. I've tried Hooks and while I like them they use small tape and it gets stuck in my narrow pallet. I've got 6 or 8 Houndstooth small frames that I like a lot. Lyle uses a wider tape but it is flexible so you may not care for it. I may try Gooserbat and Sadler before my season ends.

whitemarlin

His offer is very generous and appreciated.
I have some on the way from Gooserbat to try out. Sadler doesn't make a small frame call.

Quote from: Shellwaster on March 29, 2015, 05:26:10 PM
Quote from: gobbler336 on March 27, 2015, 08:34:13 PM

What a very generous offer.  I too am forced to use small frame calls and for several years all I ran were Tom Teasers but getting Tommy to make them grew to be difficult since his calls have gotten popular and are sold in big box stores. I've tried Hooks and while I like them they use small tape and it gets stuck in my narrow pallet. I've got 6 or 8 Houndstooth small frames that I like a lot. Lyle uses a wider tape but it is flexible so you may not care for it. I may try Gooserbat and Sadler before my season ends.

Gooserbat

I would be very pleased to visit with you about a youth team design and what I can offer.

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Marc

Gooserbat standard calls are considerably smaller than most other standard calls.  As he mentioned above, I believe he will also make a standard design in a junior frame, although with his calls, I am not sure that would be necessary.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.