OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester XX 3" HV #6

Started by 10gaugemag, March 24, 2015, 08:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

10gaugemag

Is anyone or has anyone run the Winny HV 3" 1 3/4oz. #6 lead? I don't seem to see much about these. Thinking of trying a few in the Gold with Jellyhead, Jellyhead Max and a couple other tubes I have right now.

roboto65

I got some and well I am a newbie to it all and new to me 835 Turkey Thug with red dot.

I sighted in with lighter loads then shot the 3 inch XX first off that gun kicks so that may have been it but could not get a good pattern so may have to work at it more. Again I am new at patterning a Turkey gun

surehuntsalot

not the 3" 1-3/4 stuff, but I shoot the 3" 2oz and the 3-1/2" 2-1/4oz #6's in my 835 and 3" Rem.1100
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

budtripp

I shot several birds with this load back in the early to mid 2000's. Then for whatever reason my local Walmart stopped stocking the 6's (as well as most everything else) and only carried 5's. Then I switched to 5's.

Longshanks

I shot some of my best lead patterns with that Win HV 1 3/4 6's out of an extrema and jellyhead .660. The best lead patterns I've come up with out of my other guns is with XX 3/2/6's

stinkpickle

All of my 3" guns preferred the XX 3-2-6's.  In fact, they liked the SuperX 3-1 7/8-6's better, too.

Oconeeguy

Clean the heck out of your barrel before patterning again. I think This is the accepted standard for how it is done:

http://allaboutshooting.com/article_info.php?articles_id=282

10gaugemag

I shot it fouled and also squeaky clean. It took 3 shots from the clean barrel to start patterning . Shiny clean shot an overall pattern of almost 3'. 3 shots in shrunk to just over 20". Gun prefers a dab of fouling.

Longshanks

Quote from: stinkpickle on March 26, 2015, 10:35:57 AM
All of my 3" guns preferred the XX 3-2-6's.  In fact, they liked the SuperX 3-1 7/8-6's better, too.

Those have been my two best patterning Win Pb 6's before the LB's. Have 8-10 boxes of each at the house. Them's turkey killin shells.  :fud: :OGani: