Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Knoxx Spec Ops Adjustable Recoil Reducing 12 ga stock on a 870 20 ga

Started by 870supermagnum, March 24, 2015, 02:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870supermagnum

I just purchased a Knoxx Spec Ops Adjustable Recoil Reducing stock for an 870 12ga and using an adapter from Mesa Tactical was able to mount it on my new 870 20ga.  It fits perfect and works as advertised.  Both items were purchased from Cheaper Than Dirt, stock $78 and adapter $17.   :happy0064:

gophert

870supermagnum

I'm at work (oops wasn't supposed to say that), but I'll post a picture tonight.

TNhunterKMC

870supermagnum

Knoxx used to, but no longer in 20ga.  I saw two new black 20ga stocks in the original packaging for sale somewhere within the past six months (can't remember where) and the asking price was $180 each.  They didn't last two days and were sold.  Finding a new Knoxx Blackhawk 20ga adjustable recoil reducing stock is a challange, that's why I gave up and bought the 12ga for $78 with the adapter for $17.  It looks great and works as advertised.

mightyjoeyoung

Can you post a link to the adapter?  I have a few 12 gauge stocks that I'd like to be able to swap out on my 870 20 and this sounds like the cat's meow...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Greg Massey

Was this stock for the newer 20 ga. Like a youth model or a 20 gauge on the 12 ga. Frame? So what kind of 20 gauge did you put the stock on?

870supermagnum

I put the stock on an 870 Remington Express Compact 20ga.  It has the smaller receiver, that's why the adapter is necessary.

Greg Massey

Ok great thanks for the informantion on the stock and adapter.

TNhunterKMC

Anyone know why they stopped making the one specific for the 20 gauge?  The fit on it was PERFECT.

870supermagnum

I'm interested in the answer to that question.  I'm sure it has to do with $$$$.   :'(