turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

truglo tru-bead turkey site review

Started by 200racing, March 23, 2011, 09:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

200racing

i have this site on a weatherby pa-08 w/28'' bbl.
http://www.basspro.com/TruGlo-TruBead-Turkey-Universal-Sights/product/10200325/-1560873

negatives: your bead has to unscrew or you will need a gunsmith.
all the parts are very small. could be hard if you have numb finger tips or unsteady hands.

positives: its tough I've hit it on a lot of in early morning zombie mode and it shows no signs. it feels very solid on the gun, doesn't feel fragile. windage/elevation can be adjusted super minutely. if its legal light you can see it. mine was under $20.

i got this the day before season, mounted it, went to the range,hit dead on at 30yds. it is great for what it says it for turkey range aiming. the rings that hold the fibers are fairly chunky so longer slug shooting could prove difficult,which is why truglo make different sites for that.
i believe this site would be great for teaching a new shooter as it is easy to show proper lineup. quick line up is pretty easy and this gun with buck shot will get used for coyotes and carried when tracking deer/hogs when a quick close may be need ed. i am also going to try removing the back portion and leaving the front bead on for some clay shooting to see if it can be multi purpose.
i am not so in love this site that i wont shop for another site,and when i get a turkey specific shotgun i will look at scopes or reddots cause do believe they have more advantages.
:thanks: for reading hope you found it informative.

shoot straight and good luck this season.

weatherby pa-08.undertaker choke.tru-glo tru bead.
win. hv #5 3in
rem. premeir mag. #6 3in

turkeys aren't hard to kill....they're hard to kill legally.