turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Season so far

Started by dirt road ninja, March 22, 2015, 09:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirt road ninja

Glad to see some birds on our board! I have not been able to pop one yet, not for lack of trying.
Opening weekend sucked!! Not a bird heard, I bumped a jake or very small tom off the roost while trying to catch a oposium. Had no idea he was there, heard wing beats and looked up in time to see him leaving.
This weekend I left work Friday early enough to hunt, with little time to spare I went to a plot and put my dekes out then constructed a small hide. I wasn't there 10 minutes and two hens charged up to my dekes said hello and went about feeding. A few minutes later 4 jakes came in and beat up my jake for 30 minutes at 20 yards, then one of them spends the rest of the afternoon molesting my poor hen. All in all a very entertaining afternoon. The next morning it was raining so I went to the same plot  but sat in a blind. Jakes showed up after fly down and messed with my dekes again then 6 real hens came and the jakes fed and strutted for them all morning. The rain never stopped. Well after having enough of the jakes I called in a youth hunter to rid me of one and put him and his father in the blind Saturday eve. Wouldn't u know they didn't show, only hens. A friend sat the blind this morning and had 7 jakes out. Go fiqure.
I got on two gobblers this morning, but couldn't get a shot. Had them strutting at 70 yards on the other side of a flooded ditch with hens. I thought I was going to get a shot, but they vanished as only toms can without a sound. I was heartbroken but stayed out till 1230 in the rain soaking wet. I went into the thigh high water in pursuit of the birds with no luck.
This weekend I may miss due to having to move in the new house.
Congrats agian to the killers on the team!!

WNY Bowhunter

"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."