turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

shells

Started by kevfish, March 22, 2015, 01:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevfish

So just for the fun of it I went out and patterned my 12 guage beneli using the factory full choke. I used 3 different shells. Longbeards, winchester extended range pheasant, and federal prairie storm. Shot all 3 at 30 yards. Longbeards had the tightest pattern but not by much. The other 2 pheasant loads were not far behind. I would not hesitate using them

surehuntsalot

full choke has taken a many a turkey, you don't have to have a high dollar turkey choke to kill a turkey
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

10gaugemag

My dad has used nothing but a standard full choke since he started turkey hunting in the late 70's. He has killed several piles of them and has never wanted for anything more. Even saw him kill a tom one day with an old hi-brass pheasant #4 that got mixed up in the box with 3" shells, old tom never knew the difference.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: 10gaugemag on March 22, 2015, 04:18:58 PM
My dad has used nothing but a standard full choke since he started turkey hunting in the late 70's. He has killed several piles of them and has never wanted for anything more. Even saw him kill a tom one day with an old hi-brass pheasant #4 that got mixed up in the box with 3" shells, old tom never knew the difference.

exactly what I'm talking about
it's not the harvest,it's the chase