turkeys for tomorrow

anyone use a pack instead of a vest?

Started by MACHINIST, March 22, 2015, 10:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennessee Lead

I use a back pack and a vest LOL!!!

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

eddie234

Walmart had a fanny pack I bought and use for my rain calls. It's not bad.

ChiefBubba

Last year I used the Alps Pathfinder Fannypack/Backpack. The backpack rolls down and stows on top of the Fannypack. Alps even has a box call pack and a pot call pack that installs on the shoulder straps. Chief

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: eddie234 on February 24, 2016, 04:36:39 PM
Walmart had a fanny pack I bought and use for my rain calls. It's not bad.

That's a good idea.

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

Rick Howard

I like a vest for the most part.  An actual vest though.  Not the fanny packs on roids that are marketed as vests.  On warm days the backpack makes me hotter.  My vest is mesh and cotton.  I dont carry a slough of gear.  2-3 pots,  2-3 strikers, a box call, A water bottle, couple mouth calls in an old tobacco tin, license/tags, a pen, zip ties for tags.  I keep a leatherman in my pants pocket.  O yeah... a travel pack on wetones. 

I am going to use a chair this year again.  My back cant take the tree lean anymore.  I removed the back padding and but cushion.  Making the vest even more comfy, cooler, and lighter.   

MK M GOBL

Years ago I had one of those "Do I really need all this stuff" and thought ok what kills turkeys for me. Since then I went to a pack and won't be looking back. What I carry is all performance to me now!

Here is the pack I use from Badlands (sits on the side of you) like the cross shoulder sling

MK M GOBL

ilbucksndux

The one and only reason I prefer a vest is so I dont have to carry a seat. The cushion on the vest works just fine. I learned a long time ago to travel light . A few calls,water bottle ,Thermacell and im good.
Gary Bartlow