turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Blackstone slate...

Started by MikeStaten, March 19, 2015, 07:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeStaten

Just picked up a slate from Blackstone (Dustin Jones).  It is flat out the best sounding slate I've ever played. Easy to run and has a sharp and raspy tone that I usually only get from glass or crystal calls.

scoot12

yep Dustin builds a great slate call,  I have a walnut with maple pin stripe that is really good.  His spalted maple glass over slate is killer as well.  One of my favorite pot call makers.  Scoot

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: scoot12 on March 19, 2015, 08:07:59 PM
yep Dustin builds a great slate call,  I have a walnut with maple pin stripe that is really good.  His spalted maple glass over slate is killer as well.  One of my favorite pot call makers.  Scoot
I have that exact slate on order along with a glass in red cedar. just wanted a slightly different sounding glass call.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

mgm1955

Dustin makes a great pot!!

Triple B

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 20, 2015, 10:18:23 AM
Quote from: scoot12 on March 19, 2015, 08:07:59 PM
I have that exact slate on order along with a glass in red cedar. just wanted a slightly different sounding glass call.
Your going to like both calls.I got my red cedar glass pot awhile back,and it's a great call.

Sadler McGraw

Dustins slate and his SS crystal are two very fine calls. 

Sadler
Sadler McGraw Custom Calls
World and Grand National Calling Champion