turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How Many Pots Do You Carry?

Started by Footballer, March 16, 2015, 10:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

I start out w maybe two or three. Each year before the season I clean out my vest. I always have at least a slate n Crystal. As the season progresses I often wind up w extra stuff which I clean out again. I love calls n the use but I don't believe in the need to carry every one every day

TauntoHawk

Really depends, some hunts I'll wear a vest others I'll take a backpack and sometimes I'll just wear my ol tom shirt that holds a few calls. Between 2-5
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

gaboy

3 - slate over copper, copper of glass, crystal over copper. 7-8 strikers.

slwayne

I've always carried two. my Crystal Mistress and either a slate or an aluminum depending on what the weather forecast looked like.  However, I bought three new pots over the winter (Hot Hen, Enticer aluminum in a Corian pot and a Bully's glass/slate two-sider) and right now I'm loving all three of them so I'll probably carry three with me this season.  Always have a half dozen or so strikers too.  Vest only has pockets for two so I'll need to improvise a bit for carrying a third.

ThunderChickenGetter

I carry 2. My Halloran Twisted Sister and another slate that I'm not quite sure what it is but it sounds good!

DawgsFan1

3-5 My two go to calls are my Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen and Halloran Crystal Mistress but usually have an aluminum, copper and glass in the vest as well. Usually have 6 strikers with me.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

born2hunt

Just 2, my new Snead's hot hen and an Enticer double glass in a corian pot and if its rainy Ill leave the hot hen in the truck. I carry several strikers and dont feel the need for anymore considering most of my calling is with a diaphragm.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Dr Juice

Four: slate, glass, aluminum, and a ceramic.

Triple Gobble

3 Turkmagnet copper, ceramic, and crystal
Live your life through Jesus, and life begins!!!!

greentag

vest holds four,so usually have a either a crystal mistress,or a top shelf cackling crystal,then I always have a cherry crystal woodhaven with me,a woodhaven vision aluminum,and a slate that changes day to day from a cody woodsman to a turkline cody,to several others,just depends on what mood im in the night before when I get everything ready and laid out..

goblr77

Two pots with 4 strikers. A Dawkins aluminum and Paul Platz slate will make the starting lineup this weekend.

Strick9

4 Dawkins Al, Hot Hen, Outlaw Hen and a Ebony Copper by Gresser. Soon to add a Twisted Sister somebody will likely get set to the side.
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

RidgetopRunner05

As far as the vest issue, look into the Ole Tom I-beam, pricey but more then worth the money for the space and comfortability factor. I usually mix and match but my main 4 are crystal, slate, aluminum, and glass with more added asiI see fit.

tha bugman

2...Gooserbat slate and Halloran Twisted Sister Glass with 3 strikers.  two piece dymondwood and Woodhaven plexiglass for the Gooserbat along with a one piece dymondwood for the Halloran

jwright8