2015 season

Started by Drthorn, March 15, 2015, 09:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjohn07

Good job. Nice bird buck hunter21.

Gobspur

Way to go buckhunter!!!

SEMO

I've got a MO bird and a KY bird down. Both 2 yr olds nothing big. I'll keep working at a big boy I've seen a couple times.

tjohn07

Post em up SEMO. You can upgrade later.

tjohn07

scores from team threads...
Crusaders  582.9375 (9 toms)
Choot'em N-D Face 526.4875 (9 toms)
Tennessee Dream Team 502.9925 (8 toms)
Spur Collectors 468.604 (8 toms)
Gods of Thunder 387.265 (6 toms)
Trumpet Thumpers 370.295 (6 toms)
Widow Makers 330.641 (5 toms)
Guns and Hoses 305.6875 (5 toms)
Thunder Beards 297.5515 (5 toms)
Roaring 20s 263.7425 (4 toms)
Strut Stoppers 213.37 (4 toms)
The A Team 130.05
Headhunters 125.48
Team Noob 59.75
Eastern Assassins 54.575
Full Strut Productions

tjohn07

I am still after an upgrade. We are at the half way mark of the season and the birds are still hammering but just will not come to any call. Starting Sunday I can hunt all day.

zelmo1

I don't like my new digital scales from cabelas, 16.13 and the check in station had it at 18 on the dot, lol. I also broke off the 4/5 long hairs on the beard while I was measuring it. The pic didn't show the whole beard so I rolled him and lost 2". It was, at the longest hair, 12 1/4. The next pic was at 10 1/4. My conscience made me go with the 10 1/4. Damn, the 12 1/4 would have been my longest beard ever. I saw one this morning that will be an upgrade if I get him. Good luck to all the Thunderbeards.

tjohn07

That sucks. I got the same scale. Makes me wonder if I am getting screwed on the weights of my birds.

tjohn07

I am tagged out but am thinking about getting a permit to hunt the Navy base here. I would get 2 more tags. With over 2 weeks left in the season I am not ready to be done yet.

Gobspur

Awesome job!

I got a cabelas scale too, but its different.  The little black one.  You can check its accuracy with a gallon jug of water, which should be around 8.34 lbs +/-   Check with two or three.  Mine was very close.

drew23

Guys, as bad as I hate to say it, I zeroed out here in KY. Not had add much time to be on here as I thought I would so I've missed a lot if the chat. Going to read back thru. Congrats to everyone with birds so far, and good luck for those that still have hunting to go.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

tjohn07

Well guys that is it my season is over. No luck on Friday. I gave it hell but couldn't get it done. Just want to say thanks for letting me be a part of the team. Had a hell of a year. Tagged out by the half way point of the season. Called in two birds for a buddy. He missed one and shot one. Took my daughter on her first hunt. Lots of good memories from this year sad it had to end but look forward to next season. Good luck to everyone still hunting

jepcho

Congrats on a great season tjohn. I know it sucks that it's over. Glad you had fun, that's the most important part. I too am already waiting and preparing for spring 2016!

zelmo1

:funnyturkey: I still have a NH tag and am looking for an upgrade, a 250 point bird will do nicely, lol. Good luck to all that are still hunting. Al Baker

zelmo1

:funnyturkey: I put the gun up today, I have next Saturday as a guide though. Season ended wet in NH, but I called in our pain in the  bird to 15 yards. Of course it was a magnum jake but it felt good to have him in the sights and let him walk. He is high on the list for next year. Great season, 4 youth birds and 4 first timers( these overlap). I got to shoot a double with a good friend and shot a hard earned tom with my best friend on his first hunt ever, I tried everything I could to get him that bird, just my lucky day. My 8 year old daughter went a few times and had a blast. I met a new friend in NY and we hunted hard, but no tom. I had a lot of oppuotunities this year and passed on a bunch of jakes, hopefully they make it to next year. I have a 3 state midwest trip planned for next year, come on April 22. Thanks for the stories and for having me on the team. God Bless, Al Baker