North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

2015 season

Started by Drthorn, March 15, 2015, 09:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

Good luck tjohn07, rip em up

tjohn07

Got it done this morning. I will post some pics in the kill thread after I take a nap.

zelmo1

:z-winnersmiley: Sweet! Congrats.You guys will take the pressure off me. By the time I start, if I get one it will only count if it is an upgrade, lol.

drew23

Glad you guys are getting it done. Hope to be on it in the AM. Had to work the ACT this morning so, couldn't go. Congrats guys.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

tjohn07

Good luck in the morning Drew23.

buck_hunter21

Congrats to the guys who have killed already. I'll be out trying to help us out for the first time this year starting wed.
Spill Blood

Drthorn

well today was a bust, here in KY. Rain showers ALL DAY. Didn't even get out this morning at daylight due to rain. Finally made it out at around 230PM when rain finally started to let up. Got about an hour in and finally had one gobbling about 1000yds away, but then here came the rain again. Decided to pack it up and leave it for another day. Might try to get an afternoon hunt in Tuesday after work.

tjohn07

Ya same here. It poured this morning. Finally stopped about 10 am. Got to hunt for a couple hours but didn't hear a thing. Going out soon to see if I can roost a bird. Weather looks good for the morning.

tjohn07

Choot'em N-D Face 526.4875 (includes gooserbat's upgrade) (9 toms)
Crusaders 445.495(7 toms)
Tennessee Dream Team 423.8025 (7 toms)
Trumpet Thumpers  370.295 (6 toms)
Spur Collectors 340.354 (6 toms)
Roaring 20s 263.7425 (2 ?? scores, double-beard & double-spur) (4 toms)
Thunder Beards 237.9565 (4 toms)
Strut Stoppers 213.37 (4 toms)
Guns and Hoses 175.1875
Gods of Thunder 138.6875
The A Team 130.05
Widow Makers 115.25
Headhunters 70.06 (?? score, double beard)
Team Noob 59.75
Eastern Assassins 54.575
Full Strut Productions

Got this off another teams thread. In case any one is interested on where we stand.

Gobspur

Cool!  I'd say we're doing pretty good!  I think a lot of those teams ahead of us have a bunch of southern hunters who have already tagged.  Seems like a lot of us are Midwest/northerners. 

zelmo1

My season runs till June 6th, lol :funnyturkey:

tjohn07

Almost had another one this morning. After my initial set up failed and the birds started to work away from me. I know exactly where they are going. So I back out and run down the dirt road to try and beat them there.

As I start to get close to the spot where I think they are going I call to see where they are. Immediately two gobbles ring out and they are close. So I get setup quickly.  I hear another gobble. They are close but I can not see them  because there are 2 down trees 40 yds in front of me. It sounds like to they are going to come out to the left of the trees, so I adjust my gun to the left. Well soon as I do that a gobbler walks out to right of the trees. I wait till he walks behind a tree and start to ease my gun to the right and as soon as I do the other gobbler walks out from behind the tree and I freeze but its to late he busted me and both birds haul butt out of there.

A little later I set up another bird that was in a field  but no matter what call I made he just gobbled  and strutted in the middle of the field. After 45 mins of this I decide to leave.

Oh well I guess on the bright side I still have a tag. If I would have killed a bird this morning my season would be over. Back at in the morning going to give that spot a break and try some public land.

buck_hunter21

Spill Blood

drew23

Good job guys.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk