turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2015 season

Started by Drthorn, March 15, 2015, 09:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

Did some scouting this morning, 35 and spitting snow, hooray. Saw 1 Tom, either a super-jake or a small 2 year old with a 5 " beard that may have frozen off. No strutting or gobbling. Still got 5 more weeks to speed up the season. Good luck to all my teammates. Al Baker

Drthorn

Glassed a field today that I plan to hunt. Saw two nice sized strutters with a hen. Got me all fired up.

Drthorn

check the cam today. Got a pic of a nicer gobbler using the field. Decided to move the camera to the back field where I saw the two strutting, to see if they were using it more. Saw some tracks and poo so put up the cam. Wanted to glass another field that I have seen turkeys in, and on my way bumped a flock of 20 or so hens and the two gobblers. Hate that I bumped them, but I was still a good 200 or so yards away, so hopefully they weren't too spooked. Seems that there are 2 nice gobblers using the area. Hopefully I'll get a crack at one of them before someone else on the joining properties do.

tjohn07

Well its finally staring warm up here and feel like spring.  Plan on doing some more scouting in the morning on some public land that I hunt. Only 17 more days left.

tjohn07

Anyone else on the team hunting yet? Going back out in the morning to do some more scouting. Only 12 days left.

zelmo1

4 weeks from today is my opener, I hope I make it. Good luck, Al Baker

drew23

2 weeks till opening here. Can't hardly wait.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

buck_hunter21

My season is still a couple weeks out.
Spill Blood

tjohn07

Birds were hammering this morning. Seen 2 gobblers and a jake. The jake was 20 yds from me trying to gobble and yelping. First time I have heard a gobbler yelp.

SEMO

Already had a failed 5 day hunt in MS. Birds did nothing after fly down. It's starting to hear up around here. I've seen a few strutting. KY comes in the 18th and MO comes in the 20th. Working from now till then. 16 days of hunting after that.  :gobble:

Gobspur

Just got back from a week hunt in Tennessee.  I got two birds!  Will post in kill thread shortly.  Went with 3 other buddies.  One came home birdless.  It was tough hunting first few days....weather...birds weren't gobbling much, and it wasn't greened up much.  Definitely got better as the week went on.  Other two guys stayed longer and have 3 between them now.

12 days till Indiana opener!!

zelmo1

:turkey2:Good deal, I hope you had fun and got a couple biguns. Congrats

Drthorn

was able to get out a week early and hunt Ft. Knox this weekend for a quota hunt. Saturday was a bust. Had one give a few courtesy gobbles but didn't work in.

Today, thought we were in the "spot". Had turkeys answering our calls in all directions. Had what sounded like 2 birds work in just out of sight. If we could see 40yds in the woods, they were 42! The birds ended up working away from us.

Wish we could have closed the deal, but it was great to get out in the turkey woods. Hopefully next weekend will produce one.

Gobspur

Quote from: Drthorn on April 12, 2015, 06:59:04 PM
was able to get out a week early and hunt Ft. Knox this weekend for a quota hunt. Saturday was a bust. Had one give a few courtesy gobbles but didn't work in.

Today, thought we were in the "spot". Had turkeys answering our calls in all directions. Had what sounded like 2 birds work in just out of sight. If we could see 40yds in the woods, they were 42! The birds ended up working away from us.

Wish we could have closed the deal, but it was great to get out in the turkey woods. Hopefully next weekend will produce one.

Man, that sounds like Tennessee last weekend.  Was tough going, but got progressively better as the week went on.  Glad you got out and had some fun at least!  Next weekend should be great!

tjohn07

Just got done roosting some birds. Its game on in the morning.