turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2015 season

Started by Drthorn, March 15, 2015, 09:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drthorn

Did my first official scouting this morning, here in ky. Season opener is April 18. Not a lot of gobbling. Heard what sounded like 2 toms sounding off a few times but not much. Heard a few hens tree yelping as well. Nothing after fly down.

With the winter snow and rain like it has been, probably has the birds still in winter mode. Looking like some warmer weather is in the near future which will hopefully get the birds moving.

zelmo1

I still have a 4 foot snow bank in front of my house, ugh

tjohn07

I plan to start scouting next weekend. Can't wait to hear the first gobble of the year.

zelmo1

I saw my 2 big 3/4 year olds and the 2 jakes from last year are longbeards. Bad news is, I saw zero, no young birds. This may be ok this year but not the future. We shall see. Good luck to all

Drthorn

Quote from: zelmo1 on March 17, 2015, 05:37:42 AM
I saw my 2 big 3/4 year olds and the 2 jakes from last year are longbeards. Bad news is, I saw zero, no young birds. This may be ok this year but not the future. We shall see. Good luck to all

I'm sure there are young ones around somewhere. Maybe with the hens. Great news for this season though. I plan to be back out Saturday to pull the card on camera.

jepcho

I have been out scouting just a little.  Just road scouting in the afternoon so far, but I did see 2 big strutters yesterday, and I think I know where they like to roost!  So I'm pretty confident in that spot.  Gonna start going out before work listening this week or next week.  I'll keep you guys posted.  I LOVE this time of year!!!

Thunderbolt

I usually wait to trout season to do my scouting on my private spot...alittle scouting early and then trout fishing and alittle breakfast down near my favorite creek..Rusty

zelmo1

:thanks: Come on Oscar, keep us going man, lol

Drthorn

pulled the card today from the trail cam. Several deer pics and only this one of a turkey. I'm sure as Spring nears, more will start to come through. Either way, nice bird.

oscar101

Just roosted one this evenin that gobbled 5 times on the limb after he flew up. They usually don't gobble a whole lot after fly up down here.

zelmo1

:popcorn: Hey Doc, what is that green and brown stuff in the picture, all white up here. Good luck

zelmo1

:newmascot: Good luck Oscar. Slip in and dirt nap him.

tjohn07

Did some scouting this weekend. Didn't hear anything on the roost. Found plenty of sign though. Also pulled the cards and got some good pics.

zelmo1

:turkey2: That spot looks promising. Whack the big boy :blob10:

Drthorn

70 degrees here in KY...finally feeling like Spring. Dad texted and said he saw a strutter with two other birds today. First strutter we have seen all Spring. It's right around the corner!!! :turkey2: