OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Copper calls

Started by midmslongbeard, March 13, 2015, 12:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgm1955

ridgerunner

I own all  these mentioned and Larry Gresser hands down IMHO

Jbird22

I can't imagine a better sounding copper call than the Yingling I own! It is pure turkey!

Snoodsniper

Quote from: Planner on March 13, 2015, 12:40:29 PM
I've read lots of reviews saying that Mike Yingling makes a great copper pot call. I've done a search but can't seem to find a website or a way to order one. Anyone know to purchase one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think there's one in the classifieds. Otherwise send him a PM.

mspaci

Gresser in Coco, with his maple striker. MIke

ridgerunner

Quote from: Snoodsniper on March 15, 2015, 08:48:14 AM
Quote from: Planner on March 13, 2015, 12:40:29 PM
I've read lots of reviews saying that Mike Yingling makes a great copper pot call. I've done a search but can't seem to find a website or a way to order one. Anyone know to purchase one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think there's one in the classifieds. Otherwise send him a PM.

I had one I traded, it was a Yingling copper call, i finally got an offer and traded it for a trough call..it was posted in classfieds quite a while....surprising I guess judging from all the praise on this copper call..I had a hard time getting one single offer....?

M,Yingling

I had one I traded, it was a Yingling copper call, i finally got an offer and traded it for a trough call..it was posted in classfieds quite a while....surprising I guess judging from all the praise on this copper call..I had a hard time getting one single offer....?
[/quote]

yea sorry your call toke a day to trade away for u ,,6 hole pattern looks like u may of had it for few years ,,wish I could get rid of them in a day ,,, I see your in the call giveaway if u win maybe u can donate the call to a first time turkey hunter  ,,,goodluck

Thanks guys for the nice words on my calls u now theirs lots great call makers out their and iam,sure all our calls sound a little different ,, I talked to few guys Friday on phone ran some of my calls for them and was happy to do so ,, take the recommendations u get and call some of the above mentioned call makers iam sure they will be more then happy to run some of their calls ,,, copper calls come in a wide range of sounds from one call maker to another
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

bbcustomboxcalls

Quote from: M,Yingling on March 16, 2015, 08:44:59 AM

Thanks guys for the nice words on my calls u now theirs lots great call makers out their and iam,sure all our calls sound a little different ,, I talked to few guys Friday on phone ran some of my calls for them and was happy to do so ,, take the recommendations u get and call some of the above mentioned call makers iam sure they will be more then happy to run some of their calls ,,, copper calls come in a wide range of sounds from one call maker to another
[/quote]

Well said Mike!  I love the sound of copper but not everyone does.  Some people press down too hard when all it takes is a light touch with the right striker.
I know a lot of people like them because I sell a ton of them each year.

Bill

Spitten and drummen

I like copper. it has its own unique sound.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Triple Gobble

I love mine, it's made by Turkmagnet, you
Can get soft and really make it scream
Too, everyone talks about how much you
Have to condition them, but I don't
Have that problem, my favorite call
Live your life through Jesus, and life begins!!!!

alclark2

Yingling..

Take that advice a few posts up.. Calls soft and sweet on them copper turkey killers.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

goblr77

I really like a Yingling copper. I run it with the carbon striker that comes with the call and a Gresser Ebony striker.

jordanz7935

I just got my first copper call. Its a yingling flamed ash copper/glass.Im very impressed with it so far.It does everything my favorite pot calls can do(Hot Hen+Crystal Mistress).Loud,shrill, yelps and cutts and you can tone it right down for soft purrs and tree yelps.Definately a great addition to my arsenal.I like the 3"  size they come in it seems more comfortable in the hand while playing compared to bigger pots.

SSCsnood

yingling copper, I run mine with the fiber rod striker when wet and dymond wood when dry...it is one fine sounding call. it did its job first trip to the woods here in Alabama

Hitman 23

Yingling, also guy to deal with also