OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gobbling in Missouri

Started by Mowoodsman, March 12, 2015, 02:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mowoodsman

Anyone heard gobbling yet in Missouri?  I live in west-central Missouri and it appears with the recent warm up, the birds are fired up already.  I scounted and have seen the same flock, I assume, in a river bottom corn feild every morning.  Toms in strut with plenty of hens.  I just wanted to see what was going on in anyone else's neck of the turkey woods in Missouri?   :)
Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

turkey harvester

Same thing in S.E Mo. Theyare getting fired up way too early. I talked to 2 different guys today, 1 heard 10 and the other heard 7. Both guys said they gobbled for over 2 hours. Seeing strutting toms also bout in every field.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Mowoodsman

Turkey Harvester,

I'm a little worried, not for myself, but for my son on youth weekend.  It might make this year a little bit more challenging.  I've been seeing lots of birds everyday.  And by lots, now I'm seeing 70+ birds in different spots.  It's crazy because I can't remember a spring coming this early.  You'll have to take in c count that I've only been turkey hunting for 15 years.  I know there's a lot of hunters who  have way more experience that I do.  Keep me posted to what you see happening down there.  We have mostly agricultural areas mixed with timber up here, not a lot of bottomland.  Thanks for the update!

turkey harvester

With this crazy warm weather they gobbled their butts off this weekend. We definitly need a cold spell to shut them down a little. I'm afriad this year will be a tough one.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA

Mowoodsman

Much agreed turkey harvester.  Hopefully, we won't get one of those late April early May snows like we did 2 years ago.  I just talked to a buddy who has property about 2 hours eat of me in Warren county and he's got the same birds on trial camera for 2 weeks now in the same strut zone.  If it stays warm at least it will give a little more cover.

Mowoodsman

Well, at 3 of my hunting spots in west central and north eastern Missouri the birds are really out and fired up.  I've been patterning them and I'll let you know how it's going.  I'm taking my son on a lease in northern Missouri for youth hunt Saturday.  We've roosted several birds in the area.  Although it's scout 2200 acres in a couple of days.  Wish us luck.  I'll be sure to post pics if he gets one.   I can't wait!!!!!!!!!