OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

QUESTION: JUNIORPRE 360 -- Are we really serious about this competition?

Started by bamagtrdude, March 12, 2015, 09:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamagtrdude

Where is JuniorPre 360, our captain?  Man, turkey season starts in T-minus 48 hours for us Alabama guys, and ...  There's no contest entry sticky thread, no scoring thread, no ...  nothing...  Florida's season has already started...

Do we *REALLY* want to do this or not?  Let me know now so I don't have to fool w/all of the "technicalities" of scoring my birds, taking pics, etc.  I've had a PM into JuniorPre now for ...  days...

What's going on?

BGD
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

ScottS

I would like to know too, it seems as if our team is not wanting to participate.

Big Treble

Sad, but I think he has given up on us. 

I know I don't post much, I always tend to read an listen more than post, since I have more to Lear than share.

I did get my rig to the range over the weekend, and it's going to be a Turkey killer.  funny thing is I am getting involved with the NWTF Learn To Hunt program as a noob, while encroaching 48 years old. lol

The guy assigned to mentor me is a young fella I've meet about 10 years ago and is young enough to be my son, but this kid is a hunting machine and I will learn a lot and am looking forward to it.  I actually get to hunt as a 1st time rookie about three weeks prior to my season date.
:turkey2:

Bigeclipse

Guys...if you read other teams...there really isn't tons of participation there either. I entered this team to get tips and tricks and to support other members  but I certainly didn't join because I want to feel forced to post many things and such. For some of us turkey season doesn't even start until may so we have a ways to go. I'm not trying so sound like an  but I think some people want to talk tons and scout and ...etc...and others just want to be part of a team for fun...stories laughs etc. That was me...I LOVE hunting and I love sharing hunting with others but I don't NEED a contest to be fun. I joined this team because it was supposed to be a bunch if nooks chatting and talking about their trials and tribulations. Yes I want to be competitive but I don't need it to ruin hunting. Just my two cents.

JuniorPre 360

Sorry guys, I have had a lot going on lately. In August, we had out son born 4 months early and we're always running all over our state to get his heart, lungs, brain, blood, skin, and everything else looked at. As of right now, he's considered special needs so the majority of my time goes into work and taking care of him. My season doesn't start until May so it's kind of one of the last things on my mind. But, I still plan on winning this competition.

As far as placing stickies, I have been trying to figure that out. I can't find the option. I'll become a little more active and figure out things on my cell phone.

Bigeclipse

Quote from: JuniorPre 360 on March 26, 2015, 12:20:06 PM
Sorry guys, I have had a lot going on lately. In August, we had out son born 4 months early and we're always running all over our state to get his heart, lungs, brain, blood, skin, and everything else looked at. As of right now, he's considered special needs so the majority of my time goes into work and taking care of him. My season doesn't start until May so it's kind of one of the last things on my mind. But, I still plan on winning this competition.

As far as placing stickies, I have been trying to figure that out. I can't find the option. I'll become a little more active and figure out things on my cell phone.

Juniorpre,
         I think I speak for everyone when I say your child is FAR more important than some silly competition. I think some guys on here are just getting antsie with their seasons. Like you, mine also doesn't start until may so for the past months I haven't really been contributing here. Your son and family will be in my prayers!!! Don't worry about the team at all.

bamagtrdude

Sorry guys, I have had a lot going on lately. In August, we had out son born 4 months early and we're always running all over our state to get his heart, lungs, brain, blood, skin, and everything else looked at. As of right now, he's considered special needs so the majority of my time goes into work and taking care of him. My season doesn't start until May so it's kind of one of the last things on my mind. But, I still plan on winning this competition.   As far as placing stickies, I have been trying to figure that out. I can't find the option. I'll become a little more active and figure out things on my cell phone.

Praying for your son, JP360; glad to see you're back!
BGD
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

mason3toes

Prayers for you and yourn. Sticky has been taken care of for the contest.

Big Treble

Good luck and wishing your family the best.  Your family is in our prayers.