North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Introductions

Started by Drthorn, March 11, 2015, 09:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drthorn

What's up all!!!

Want to thank everyone for coming out to the team. Should be a blast.

Right now, we are listed as Team Heavy Lifters. I threw that out there before the roster was final. Nothing is set in stone right now. I actually PM'd Shannon and said we will be called Thunder Beards as most responded to liking that name. Once we finalize a name, we can work on getting our banner signature so we can identify ourselves to others.

Thought it would be nice for everyone to do a short intro and tell where you will be hunting this year, experience, etc.

To start, my name is Daniel and I am out of Central KY. The snow is finally melting away here and I am looking forward to finally doing some Spring scouting. This year, I will be strictly KY, hoping to fill both state tags and possibly 1 on public ground (Ft Knox). I look forward to an exciting, fast-paced Spring and hearing everyone's stories.

Daniel

tjohn07

My name is Tommy and I live and hunt in Southern Maryland. I have two leases I hunt. One I know has turkeys. The other I just got, so not sure if it holds any birds. Plus I hunt some public land.

This will be my sixth year hunting turkey. First four years I had no clue what I was doing and didnt do much scouting. Which resulted in a lot of frustrating hunts and no kills. Last year I scouted my butt off and worked on my calling. All the work played off and I managed to kill my first two birds.

Turkey season starts here April 18th and I can't wait. Hope to put a couple on the ground and help the team out.

buck_hunter21

Hey all. Looks like I am right down the road from you Drthorn. I live and will be hunting in SE IN (about 25 minutes from the IN/KY line. I've already been out scouting a little bit and have found some sign. Season does not start here until April, 22 so I will be reading everyone's updates until then!
Spill Blood

Gobspur

Small world guys!  I'm from south central Indiana, about 45 minutes northwest of Louisville.  I have a farm I hunt, and also lots of public ground that I have good luck on.  Season opens here April 22, but I'm headed to Tennessee this year too.  Season opens there April 4, and has 4 bird limit!  Finally warmer this week, snow melted, and I can't wait to get after those birds!!

Laban

oscar101

Hey guys. My name is Jay and I'm from southwest Mississippi. I'm in a lease in central Mississippi and will be headed up tomorrow to get settled in for our opener on Saturday. I'm new to turkey hunting, just started 2 years ago. I did manage to kill a bird last year amd should have killed another. We have a lot of birds on our lease so I'm hoping to have a good year. I'll keep everyone updated on how the weekend goes.

Thunderbolt

Hey Fellers..I'm Rusty from south Eastern Pa...a big turkey hunter and bow hunter...Ive been hunting turkeys since the mid 70's and hunt on Private and Public land...I have 2 tags this year,so we're going to try and lay one down with the bow or the xbow this year..Hope to have alot of fun in here this season...Rusty

zelmo1

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an Hello All, My name is Al Baker and I am from the turkey mecca of Southern Maine. It is hard hunting up here but I am optimistic that the horrible winter has not taken too big of a toll. Hope to do my part, but it will be fun. My opener is May 4th. Good luck to all.

jepcho

Hey guys,
Just found our team page.  My name is Joel and I'm from Iowa.  I'll be hunting Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas this year.  I start in Nebraska on April 19th, although if I decide to hunt Iowa's first season, that opens April 13th.  This will be my 16th season turkey hunting and it is absolutely my favorite thing in this world to do!  I cant wait for season to open!!  Taking my little brother youth season which opens April 4th as well

drew23

Little late checking in but, I'm here.
Name is Justin, I'm Co-captain of the team. Glad to have all you on the team. I'm from Southern KY, Lake Cumberland area.

Married, 2 kids, one on the way. Work for the local utility company, Captain at the local fire department. Make vinyl decals and etched glass on the side.

Can't wait for season to start, hopefully have done fun this weekend worth my son in the youth weekend. His first.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

zelmo1

drew23

Quote from: zelmo1 on April 01, 2015, 04:20:54 PM
Good luck with the boy :funnyturkey:
Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

SEMO

Way late here, but my name is Jon. I live in SE Missouri. I hunt here, KY, and where ever else I can get! I hunted central MS the last week of march. It was tough. Never got to take the safety off.

I do communications for a hotel chain so I'm traveling all over the place. Anything else just ask. Good luck everyone  :z-guntootsmiley: