OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

3" Win LBXR #4's. What #'s are you getting?

Started by Tracker760, March 11, 2015, 08:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracker760

Just wondering what kind of #'s you all are getting. Mostly looking for Win 1300 and standard Invector info.
Right now I'm getting mid 120's in 10" with a .660" Carlson. I pm'ed Sumtoy and he said that was going to be hard to beat, but he's willing to give it a shot.
Anyone have a great combo there willing to share.

Les

Izzyjoe

I have a Winchester 120, which is a cheaper version of you're 1300, but using a truglo .665 I got 120 hits in the 10" at 42yds.

Tracker760

Thanks Izzy.
It looks like .660/.665 may be where it's at with the #4's.
Sumtoy does have a .650" that I can try. That may be a little tight. But the good thing is, Longbeards are cheap and I like to shoot.

Izzyjoe

Funny thing is it shot better than my 870sp, but winchester 120 has a 28" barrel, and with the choke it's almost 30", it also shines to much for my liking!

cjordan

I know this won't be much help right now, but William cut and rethread the barrel on my 1100 mag. It's now 24" with his 660 sticking out of the end. I'm going to try to shoot it this weekend and I'll reply back. I'm ready to see what it's gonna do. If it doesn't like 4's, then Ill check her pulse with some 5's. Either way I'll post up some pics.

hs strut

as of now with my 535 and .665 patternmaster  im getting 140-150 at 40yds with 3.5 #4s at 40yds
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

cjordan

I just shot a #4 out of a 24" dirty barreled 835 with an original star dot, at 40 yds. No rest and 65 deg. It put 102 in a 10" circle. I'm sure after a good deep cleaning it should get a little better. I normally wouldn't have tried to pattern with a dirt barrel, but I had just got this gun put back together and was checking to see how it was going to function. I will shoot my 1100 this weekend and report back to your post.

petemoss83

Mossberg 835 24" barrel Hevi-13 choke (.676) Winchester long beard 3.5" #4's I'm getting 150-165 hits in a 10"/40yds. I know this isn't the same setup as you mentioned but the long beards are great and with a little choke experimenting you can usually find that sweet spot to fine tune your pattern numbers. I tested four chokes before settling on the setup I mentioned.

Tracker760

I stopped by the cabelas bargin cave the other day and they had 2 turkey tubes. Both Jellyheads, 1 older, 1 newer with the green rubber bands around the end. The newer model was around 1/4" longer over all so I figured I'd give it a try.
It was my first shot with tge new tube so poi is a little off. I do like the numbers it puts out.

SumToy

Told you that you had a good set up.  You can spend a lot of money and end of day you want improve much.  That a good pattern with 4's  :z-twocents:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Tracker760

I know what our saying Sumtoy. I still want to give your .650" a run. I have nothing that tight. Plus bu next season I want to be loaded up with some tss loads. That .650" might be a vaporizer with 9x8 duplex.
For this season I'll stick with the Carlson .660" and the LB #4's.
130 in 10" @40 and still holds 70+ in 10" @50.
Plus it's already sighted in.

jbrown

I shot a 650 for yrs shootin #6 shot....awesome patterns, a bunch of dead gobblers

foxred1962

New 24" Carlsons barrel on the 870 and a primos tightwad hit 141 today @ 40... not much room for error the tightwad was much better than the jellyhead.