OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Could use some insight.

Started by 10ga.Trauma, March 11, 2015, 07:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

10ga.Trauma

Hello, I recently purchased and Ithaca 37 turkey slayer, the new one. I have always had good luck with Rhino choke tubes, and wanted one for my new gun. I called up rhino to order one, They recommended a .670 for guns with Browning Invector plus threads. So I ordered it, but then found out that the bore diameter of the ithaca is .730 instead of brownings .742 even though they have the same choke threads. Do you think that this .670 isnt enough constriction to shoot number 5 or 6 longbeards this spring? I would like to know what you folks think before I shoot with the choke, and Rhino wont take it back. Yes I know their customer service is crap, but they make a good product in my eyes. Also a side note this gun does have a lengthened forcing cone. Thanks for reading.

Mike Honcho

I have an Ithaca Turkeyslayer made in Kings Ferry , NY about 1997 so not sure if my barrel internal dimensions are the same as your new one.

Mine doesn't shoot anything under .670 well at all.   I found .670-.675 best for it.

From asking other members here advice I believe .670-.675 was what most recommended.

Great gun you will surely enjoy it!

turkey buster

I don't want to be "that guy" but I'd never buy anything from a company that doesn't have great customer service. I've learned my lessons and will not deal with a local shop for that very reason.

Mike Honcho

I forgot to ask you...did your gun come with a factory turkey choke?  I've heard comments that the turkey choke Ithaca provides shoots very well.