turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

If You Had To Pick One Striker

Started by Turkeyman62, March 11, 2015, 03:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyman62

See a lot of posts about carrying one pot call or one box caller. I know the idea is to carry several different strikers. But lets just say you could only carry one. Just curious to see some of your choices. Myself I would go with plain ole hickory.
A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

hunter22

If I could only carry one it would be a Dymondwood. Hickory would be my second choice for one striker.

REBELYELL

Dymondwood, it runs on everything.

Jbird22

Tulipwood

EDIT: I originally said Yellowheart (which I love) but after hunting today and hearing it in the woods, I had to change my vote to Tulipwood. It's just flat out sounds turkey with ALL of my go-to pot calls! (Schaffer Mad Hen Gen 2, Halloran Twisted Sister, Yingling Copper, Sneed Hot Hen, and Lights Out Aluminum)

goblr77

cutt down

Footballer

mudhen

Yep, dymondwood...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

jbird

TnTurk

I have a flared tip heavy hickory that will run as good as any on everything but copper.

captin_hook

Jgarrett

Man you can't pick just one, Lonzo one piece dymondwood, Harold fowler Purple Heart/Osage top.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

Gobbler2577

I'll say Osage but let me qualify.  It takes a good bit of turning to find a really good Osage striker.  I turn an Osage striker for every pot I make and all are good, but it's the rare one that will run everything well. 

PALongspur

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE