OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Xtrema 26" Barrel & Hevishot .671 Choke Pattern Pics

Started by goblr77, March 23, 2011, 08:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goblr77

Shot the Hevi 2.25 oz #7's twice yesterday. The wind was blowing around 10-15mph from left to right on the first shot and this combo still put up 291. Waited a couple of hours for the wind to die down and posted a 331. Snowmen pellets were counted as two. This is the best pattern I have ever shot out of any of my guns, including a 24" polished barrel 835 (best 325). I didn't shoot these loads again as I have only two boxes of last years lots left over. Next I ran a Win. gray box 1-7/8 oz #6  through it and got a good even pattern with this load as well. I will keep a few of these in my vest and use for close range work. No need in burning up the Hevis for a 30 yard max shot when the lead #6's only run 70 cent a piece.

[attachment deleted by admin]

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

goblr77

Quote from: hookedspur on March 23, 2011, 08:42:27 AM
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: Nice your good to go

Thanks. I've spent a bunch of money over the past few years trying to get this gun to hang with my 835 and finally did it. Thanks to golfernash for posting his results on here with that choke tube. I never would have tried the hevishot tube after seeing people complain about it in other guns. It's the right medicine for the Xtrema.

shootumindaface

New or old lots.. Stinkys hypothesis may be correct ???

allaboutshooting

Congratulations. It looks like you're ready to go.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

BigPeck215

thats a smokin pattern with that shell/choke combo, your good to at least 55yds with that

archery1

Take a kid hunting

goblr77

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 23, 2011, 09:33:55 AM
New or old lots.. Stinkys hypothesis may be correct ???

Old lots. That's why I didn't shoot but two Hevi 7's through it. I wanted to conserve ammo.

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

3" 870 Shell Shucker

So, the Hevi Shot brand turkey choke made by Carlson has been proven effective in a Beretta Extrema.  I'm glad to see someone find a good combo with that choke.  I'm sure that many of those chokes have been sold based upon the name brand alone.  I'd like to think that some of those people have ended up with a good setup.  Congratulations.

titansfan2104

Quote from: goblr77 on March 23, 2011, 08:54:21 AM
Quote from: hookedspur on March 23, 2011, 08:42:27 AM
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: Nice your good to go

Thanks. I've spent a bunch of money over the past few years trying to get this gun to hang with my 835 and finally did it. Thanks to golfernash for posting his results on here with that choke tube. I never would have tried the hevishot tube after seeing people complain about it in other guns. It's the right medicine for the Xtrema.
the hevi shot choke i found for the xtrema @ cabelas said the i.d. is .673?? is that the same choke that you guys have?

ILIKEHEVI-13

That is wicked.   :z-guntootsmiley:

And we know what it will do to a turkey at 47yds,   :you_rock:

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase