OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Advice

Started by WNCTracker, March 10, 2015, 09:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNCTracker

I recently got the gooserbat bacon and hooks executioner II mouth calls based on them having such high recommendations. . I've never used a three reed call like the bacon before and am surprised at the difference from what I'm used to in the double reed. . Does anyone have a general tip when going from double to triple reed?  Initially it seems like I need to keep it farther forward in the tongue and blow harder. Is that about right?  I am committed to switching solely to mouth calls this season. Fortunately I've got a month to practice and a 30 minute commute to work :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

Exactly what difference are you talking about.  As a 3 reed it will take a little more air. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

WNCTracker

I guess I mean the force needed to use it as you said by more air. I'm coming from only having ever used an old raspy hen that is really thin feeling and high pitched. I'd like to learn to use more advanced calls and am sure I just need to practice more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk